Radio Daze in the Park on Saturday, May 15th #operatingevents

Doug KM4LKC

Edited

Saturday, May 15th
RADIO DAZE IN THE PARK

Join us for another great operating event.  The Charlotte Amateur Radio Society in conjunction with the Burnt Store Lakes Homeowners Association Community Emergency Response Team host another Radio Daze in the Park.  Bring out your favorite field "Go-Box".  Set up your favorite field antennas.  You will get a chance to see different radios, battery systems, and different antenna systems deployed in a beautiful park setting.  As part of our May Technical Gathering and Workgroup, Dave K3FHP will demonstrate digital modes including FT8 and JS8 to prepare for our summer field day event.  Don't miss the food, fun, and field radio demonstrations.

Contact Angelo, K3YUN for more information by email to   k3yun "at" arrl "dot" net

DATE, TIME, AND LOCATION:

Saturday, May 15th
From 8:00 am to approximately 1:00 pm
Burnt Store Lakes Community Park
Google Map to the parking for the event

Having fun promoting amateur radio technology

Doug KM4LKC

Great job at our Radio Daze in the Park event.
See the attached newspaper article in the Sun-Herald.

Doug KM4LKC

Edited

We owe special thanks to Angelo, K3YUN for organizing the event.  What a great turnout!  And what a great time!
Duwain Hunt, W8JJV also played a special role by helping Angelo get the word out to our community.

Well done gentlemen!

The setup begins...

Doug KM4LKC

Edited

Chuck, W3CHH got up extra early and ran the Sunshine Net outside of the Burnt Store Lakes CERT Trailer.

Peter, K4PJG, and Team worked the grill and kept the crowd happy.

Our Club President, Dave Weinstein K3FHP speaks to the Charlotte Sun-Herald Newspaper.

Duwain Hunt, W8JJV discusses the benefits of ham radio to the press.

Doug KM4LKC

The Park was beautiful and the weather was perfect.

Andy N3FNN

Well done.

On Sun, May 16, 2021 at 8:03 AM, Doug KM4LKC via groups.io
<sunburned_fl@...> wrote:
The Park was beautiful and the weather was perfect.

Doug KM4LKC

Edited

Mike Douglas, W4MDD is our West Central Florida Section Manager and he drove down from Wachula to spend the day with us.
Mike also handed out a special certificate acknowledging our new Emergency Coordinator Tom Chance, K9XV.

Mike also recognized Duwain Hunt, W8JJV as our Assistant Emergency Coordinator.

Doug KM4LKC

Angelo presents Rick, KF4IIH with a handie talkie to show our appreciation to the Burnt Store Lakes CERT group for assisting us with this great field demonstration.

Doug KM4LKC

Rick Pomerleau, KO4ETQ, provided a number of excellent photos from Saturday's event.  Here are a few shots of the radio equipment that was on hand.