sticky Winter Field day on January 29th and 30th #clubmeetings #Contest

Doug KM4LKC

Join us for Winter Field Day on Saturday, January 29th, and Sunday, January 30th!

The Charlotte Amateur Radio Society hosts one of our favorite field operating events.  We will begin our setup at 9:00 am on Saturday, January 29th.  The first contact begins at 2:00 pm and the event will continue for 24 hours.  Takedown will begin at 2:00 pm on Sunday, the 30th.

This is a great introduction to contesting.  We encourage any amateur radio operator who wants to learn more about contesting or emergency communications to sign up for an operating slot.  We will have experienced operators working with you to help you get started and learn the process.  Winter Field Day is a fun event that promotes operating in different modes and on many different bands.  You can learn more about the event here.

We will be located at the Deep Creek Park just across the Desoto County line.  The park is next to the Navigator Grill off of Kings Highway.

Address and Google Map to the Park
Deep Creek Park
9751 SW Peace River St Arcadia, FL 34269

Having fun promoting amateur radio technology

Dennis W6BFK

For those interested in participating in WX4E Winter Field Day there are a number of opportunities.

We are dividing the operating event into six (4) hour shifts beginning at 1400 est Saturday the 29th and concluding at 1400 Sunday the 30th.

For Setup and Recovery, we will begin setup at 0830 est Saturday the 29th and begin recovery at 1401 Sunday.  The Setup and Recovery Teams will task organize as follows:

1.  Antenna Field

2.  Shack & Station

3.  Power

4.  Food Service and Amenities

Andy N3FNN has graciously agreed to maintain the Rosters for the event.
Please contact him directly via email indicating participation preferences including operating shift and/or Setup/Recovery team.
apantelides at  yahoo.com

73
Dennis W6BFK

Dennis W6BFK

WX4E has a very important leadership slot vacant on the WFD Team.

We are in need of a volunteer or volunteers to coordinate the Food Service/Amenities Efforts.

Essentially this position will lead the Food Service and Amenities Setup/Recovery Team and coordinate the Club provided supplies necessary for the event.

“We Should go,” one of the sergeants said, eating his cheese and drinking a cup of wine.
“We’ll go. Don’t worry,” Bonello said.
“An army travels on its stomach,” I said.
“What?” asked the sergeant.
“It’s better to eat.”......Earnest Hemingway "A Farewell to Arms"

Please contact either Doug KM4LKC or myself if interested in filling this extremely important
Role.

This is so important that co-leaders would be welcome.

73

Dennis W6BFK

dennis at dkoopman.me

Bryan KD0GRU

I would like to help for set up
Bryan Norman 573-353-6451

On Jan 5, 2022, at 11:42 AM, Dennis W6BFK <dennis@...> wrote:

For those interested in participating in WX4E Winter Field Day there are a number of opportunities.

We are dividing the operating event into six (4) hour shifts beginning at 1400 est Saturday the 29th and concluding at 1400 Sunday the 30th.

For Setup and Recovery, we will begin setup at 0830 est Saturday the 29th and begin recovery at 1401 Sunday.  The Setup and Recovery Teams will task organize as follows:

1.  Antenna Field

2.  Shack & Station

3.  Power

4.  Food Service and Amenities

Andy N3FNN has graciously agreed to maintain the Rosters for the event.
Please contact him directly via email indicating participation preferences including operating shift and/or Setup/Recovery team.
apantelides at  yahoo.com

73
Dennis W6BFK

Andy N3FNN

You're on the list.
Thank you
Andy

On Wed, Jan 5, 2022 at 12:54 PM, Bryan KD0GRU
<bnorman579@...> wrote:
[...]

Paul
What time are you interested in working.

Andy

On Sat, Jan 8, 2022 at 7:15 AM, paul buchanan
<paul.buchanan51@...> wrote:
Please put me on the list. This is my first field day and I'm not sure how I can help.
I'm looking forward to helping out and learning a lot.

Paul Buchanan

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022, 08:31 Andy N3FNN via groups.io <apantelides=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

K4NAX. Don

Andy, I would be happy to pitch in on take-down on Sunday if you still need help.  Don K4NAX

Dennis W6BFK

Fellow OP's
There is a presentation on the WFD 2022 plan scheduled for the January CARS meeting Thursday 1.13.22.
This happens to be a fairly long and detailed presentation and we will likely be squeezed for time.

So in an effort to get the most out of our f2f time on Thursday,  I have attached the presentation notes sheets in pdf format for review.

Thanks & 73
Dennis W6BFK

Mike W4MMU

I was planning on coming to the meeting tonight to volunteer for operations or whatever.
However I cannot make it to tonight's meeting.
I'm new to the club but would love to participate.
Let me know if there are shifts I can take or whatever help is needed. I've participated in club field days before and know most of the contest loggers, etc.

Anyway just sending this to whom it may concern.
Mike
W4MMU
https://www.qrz.com/db/w4mmu

Dennis W6BFK

Edited

Updated 1.17.2022

I would like to thank everyone for their support for Winter Field Day.  As we discussed at the CARS meeting we have a couple of pre-event activities planned running up to Day Of.  So here is a status as of 1.14.  anyone interested in participating in any of these, please email me at dennis at dkoopman.me for further details.  I will update this list as plans evolve.

Pre-Event Activities:

Operating Computer and Rig Testing/Dress Rehearsal -Thanks to those members who have graciously volunteered their equipment for the event.  9:00 am 1.15.21 - Completed

N1MM Operator Training - This event is still in the planning phase subject to the Computer/Rig Dress Rehearsal  -  Scheduled for 1230-1400 Saturday January 29th following setup.

WX4E tower Setup Dress Rehearsal  -  10-12 Monday 1.24.22 at the KO4ACY shop

Site Final Survey   After 4 pm Thursday 1.27.22 at the Deep Creek Park and Reserve

73
Dennis W6BFK

Chuck KO4ACY

I would luke to attend.just let me know where.
KO4ACY

[...]

Leonard has graciously agreed to help us manage the supplies for the care and feeding of the operators and volunteers for Winter field day.
Here is a list of the items that we need.  Feel free to make suggestions or volunteer to bring these items by posting here so Leonard can update the list.

THANK YOU!

            Coffee - Cream

            Coffee - Cups

            Coffee - Sugar

K3FHP       Coffee pot and coffee

K4PJG       Coffee pot and coffee

KM4LKC      Cooler - one with ice

K3FHP       Cooler - two (2) with Ice

KM4LKC      Corn Bread Jalapeno - Mild  24 Muffins

KN4JEN      Crock Pot - Beef Stew (New England Chili)

AA5UN       Crock Pot - Chili

KM4LKC      Crock Pot - Chili

KO4SPC      Crock Pot - Chili

NC4CC       Crock Pot - Chili

            Crusty Bread slices or other yummies

N3FNN       Cups Plastic SOLO 50 Cups

KD0GRU      Flat wear - 50 Spoons for Chili + misc Forks & Knives

            Napkins / Paper Towels

KD0GRU      Chili Bowls - 50

            Soda - Assorted 12 packs

            Tablecloths - six (6)

            Tea - Sweet - one gallon

            Tea -Unsweet - one gallon

KD0GRU      Water - One case of bottled water

            Water - One case of bottled water

            Water - One case of bottled water

            Water - One case of bottled water

Andy N3FNN

I have the red solo cups.

On Fri, Jan 14, 2022 at 3:42 PM, Doug KM4LKC via groups.io
<sunburned_fl@...> wrote:
Leonard has graciously agreed to help us manage the supplies for the care and feeding of the operators and volunteers for Winter field day.
Here is a list of the items that we need.  Feel free to make suggestions or volunteer to bring these items by posting here so Leonard can update the list.

THANK YOU!

            Coffee - Cream

            Coffee - Cups

            Coffee - Sugar

K3FHP       Coffee pot and coffee

K4PJG       Coffee pot and coffee

KM4LKC      Cooler - one with ice

K3FHP       Cooler - two (2) with Ice

KM4LKC      Corn Bread Jalapeno - Mild  24 Muffins

AA5UN       Crock Pot - Chili

KM4LKC      Crock Pot - Chili

KO4SPC      Crock Pot - Chili

NC4CC       Crock Pot - Chili

            Crusty Bread slices or other yummies

            Cups Plastic SOLO 50 Cups

            Flat wear - 50 Spoons for Chili + misc Forks & Knives

            Napkins / Paper Towels

            Chili Bowls - 50

            Soda - Assorted 12 packs

            Tablecloths - six (6)

            Tea - Sweet - one gallon

            Tea -Unsweet - one gallon

            Water - One case of bottled water

            Water - One case of bottled water

            Water - One case of bottled water

            Water - One case of bottled water

Bryan KD0GRU

I will bring a case of water and bowls and utensils for 50?

Bryan

<sunburned_fl@...> wrote:
[...]

Leonard N4LJT

Got it. Bryan. Thanks

<sunburned_fl@...> wrote:
[...]

David NC4CC

I will bring some smaller tarps, concrete blocks, chili and crackers, and whatever else I can think of to throw in the car.

Dave  NC4CC

[...]

Marty AA5UN

If we are brewing coffee on site, I will provide the coffee. If we are pre-brewing it, just let me know where the ground beans need to go.

Marty AA5UN

On Sat, Jan 15, 2022 at 8:50 AM Doug KM4LKC via groups.io <sunburned_fl=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:

[Edited Message Follows]

[...]

Thanks everyone. Latest update. Getting near complete, thanks.

            Coffee - Cream

W3IGM     Coffee - Cups

            Coffee - Sugar

K3FHP       Coffee pot and coffee

K4PJG       Coffee pot and coffee

KM4LKC      Cooler - one with ice

K3FHP       Cooler - two (2) with Ice

KM4LKC      Corn Bread Jalapeno - Mild  24 Muffins

KN4JEN      Crock Pot - Beef Stew (New England Chili)

AA5UN       Crock Pot - Chili

KM4LKC      Crock Pot - Chili

KC9DRY      Crock Pot - Chili

KO4SPC      Crock Pot - Chicken Casserole

KO4SPC      Sunday French Toast Breakfast

NC4CC       Crock Pot - Chili and crackers

N4LJT       Cookies - Chocolate chip and Snickerdoodles

 N4LJT      Nacho chips and Salsa(Mild and semi-hot) for a nighttime snack

            Crusty Bread slices or other yummies

N3FNN       Cups Plastic SOLO 50 Cups

KD0GRU      Flat wear - 50 Spoons for Chili + misc Forks & Knives

NC4CC         Napkins / Paper Towels

KD0GRU      Chili Bowls - 50

 N9QKX         Soda - Assorted 12 packs

 K3FHP        Tablecloths

 NC4CC       Tea - Unsweet w/sweetener on the side - one gallon

KD0GRU      Water - One case of bottled water

N4LJT       Water - One case of bottled water

KO4ETQ      Water - One case of bottled water

KN4JEN       Water - One case of bottled water

Doug KM4LKC

I believe that Lena spoils us with a special french toast breakfast.  It is wonderful!
We should confirm with Steve KO4SPC.

Steve KO4SPC

I will be bringing chicken casserole for Sat night, french toast for Sunday breakfast and some banana bread. Will not be bringing chili
Steve KO4SPC

Thanks everyone. This is what is still needed.