sticky Get Ready! Summer Field Day is coming #operatingevents #arrl

Doug KM4LKC

Get Ready!  Summer Field Day is coming.

The Charlotte Amateur Radio Society is preparing for our Summer Field Day Event on June 26 - 27.  Every June, more than 35,000 hams throughout North America set up temporary transmitting stations in public places to demonstrate ham radio's science, skill, and service to our communities and our nation. It combines public service, emergency preparedness, community outreach, and technical skills all in a single event. Field Day has been an annual event since 1933 and remains the most popular event in ham radio.

Field Day is a 24-hour event.  We will begin our setup on Saturday morning at 9:00 am.  Lunch will take place at 12:00 noon and first contacts begin at 2:00 pm.  We will operate for 24 hours and take down the equipment at 2:00 pm on Sunday.

Much more information will follow as we firm up plans.

We will hold our event at the Charlotte Harbor Environmental Center located on Burnt Store Road.
Charlotte Harbor Environmental Center 10941 Burnt Store Rd, Punta Gorda, FL 33955

You can learn more about the event here:

FAQ's for ARRL Field Day are located here.

Rules for ARRL Field Day 2021 can be found here.

Having fun promoting amateur radio technology

Doug KM4LKC

We had a great turnout for the club meeting last night.  And we appreciate all of the support and efforts for Summer Field Day.
We need about 15 people to help put up antennas, organize operating stations, and prepare the greeting table.
Set up will begin at 9:00 am on Saturday, June 26th at the Charlotte Harbor Environmental Center located on Burnt Store Road

We also need operators.  We encourage new or newly returned hams to jump in and give the operating event a try.  It's easy and you will have lots of help.
The operating schedule is broken down into 4-hour time blocks.  You will not operate for the entire four hours.  It will be more like 1 hour on and one hour off.  But we want to have plenty of coverage in case someone wants to change out operating positions or stations.

Ideally, we will have 10-12 operators available for each time block for maximum flexibility.  Please add your name to this post and let us know what slot you would be interested in filling.

Saturday, June 26th

2:00 pm - 6:00 pm
6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
10:00 pm - 2:00 am

Sunday, June 27th

2:00 am - 6:00 am
6:00 am - 10:00 am
10:00 am - 2:00 pm

Break down will begin at 2:00 pm on Sunday.  We will be finished and cleaned up well before 4:00 pm/

Thanks for your help and be sure to sign up for an operating position!

Jim KO4PPF

Good afternoon CARS! I will be there for 9:00am setup,  and return for the Sunday 27th 2:00am - 6:00am time slot.
Thanks Jim Cupo

[...]

Dennis W6BFK

The Icom 7300 station will be making a return for Field Day.

So anyone interested in this rig,  come take it for a test drive!
It will be ready for Side Band, CW (manual or automated), FT8, and JS8 provided I don't brick it between now and then ; )

Bring your headphones,  your favorite CW key, and so on.

de W6BFK

Roger W3IGM

Sign me up for the 10pm - 2am as first choice or 2am to 6am as second choice.
I will be bringing a Icom IC_7410 and computer for any mode of operations needed.
Lets have a great Field Day this year
Roger Weatherly, W3IGM

Dave K4DES

Peter Gillen (K4PJG) and Dave Schall (K4DES) for 2-6 block on Saturday.