moderated Rasberry PI PS #makeitradio

Leonard N4LJT

Edited

These pictures are of the power converter and a 3-D printed box my son made for it. I have made this up to power my Raspi from a 13.8vdc source and step down to 5.2vdc. This power converter setup also incorporates an on/off switch I installed so I don't have to plug/unplug the micro usb power plug from the Raspi all the time. If anyone is interested please let me know. My son can print these boxes on demand.

Doug KM4LKC

Leonard - This is very cool.  Well done!

Chad - W4SWI

Well Done Leonard while i read this i was wondering what does PS stand for does that mean Pi-Star or something else Leonard? thanks & 73's and be safe.
--
W4SWI- Chad 73's HVI
Link to my QRZ Page.

Doug KM4LKC

I'm sure Leonard will chime in.  I believe this is a Power Supply (PS) for his Raspberry Pi.  He is running it off of a 13.8-volt battery system to meet the needs of his radio.  He needs to step the voltage down to 5.2 volts for the Rasp Pi.

Leonard N4LJT

Doug, you are correct.

On Sun, Apr 11, 2021 at 1:07 PM, Doug KM4LKC via groups.io
<sunburned_fl@...> wrote:
I'm sure Leonard will chime in.  I believe this is a Power Supply (PS) for his Raspberry Pi.  He is running it off of a 13.8-volt battery system to meet the needs of his radio.  He needs to step the voltage down to 5.2 volts for the Rasp Pi.

Duwain W8JJV

GREAT JOB