locked Club Project - Build Your Own 6 meter antenna #makeitradio

Doug KM4LKC

Edited

If you want to do a group order, please add your name here,  If we can get 10 or more people together, we can order the parts for everyone.

Angelo, K3YUN shares his recent success building an inexpensive antenna for 6 meters.  Angelo is able to work stations 18 miles from his QTH with this easy-to-build project.

Angelo shares the following information -

https://vk1nam.wordpress.com/2015/08/16/sota-6m-coaxial-dipole-antenna/

The lengths that I used are as follows:
Measure 54 inches from the end of the coax, cut, and strip back the black outer covering.
Carefully cut back and remove the brad shield.
Measure from the point  where you removed  shield down the length of coax 49.5 inches, and place a mark on that point,
this is where the 13 turn winding will begin.

I placed a piece of shrink tubing at the point where shied was removed to keep water out.
After the antenna is completed you can prune the top half of the antenna for best SWR measurements, a photo of my reading is shown.
I have had great success with this simple half-wave vertical antenna talking over a radius of 20 miles. Your mileage may vary.

Parts List

Here are some other link about this antenna:

Angelo, K3YUN

Having fun promoting amateur radio technology

Jim Nuznoff WD8JEL

Jim, WD8JEL. Count me in.

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 7:51 PM, Doug KM4LKC via groups.io
<sunburned_fl@...> wrote:
If you want to do a group order, please add your name here,  If we can get 10 or more people together, we can order the parts for everyone.

Angelo, K3YUN shares his recent success building an inexpensive antenna for 6 meters.  Angelo is able to work stations 18 miles from his QTH with this easy-to-build projexct.

http://n4ser.org/2018/simple-6m-antenna-for-anyone/

http://vk2zoi.com/articles/half-wave-flower-pot/

Angelo, K3YUN

Having fun promoting amateur radio technology

Allan KN4JEN

Please add me to the 6m antenna project list
Allan
KN4JEN

<sunburned_fl@...> wrote:
If you want to do a group order, please add your name here,  If we can get 10 or more people together, we can order the parts for everyone.

<20201202_092712.jpg>

<20201201_142221.jpg>

[...]

Steve KO4SPC

Edited

I am interested.

Steve KO4SPC

[...]

Ed WA4CES

Add me to the list please!

Ed (WA4CES)

Sent from Xfinity Connect Application

[...]

Donald Kumpost

Add me to the list on this one - I could always use another 6m antenna - especially one that can easily go camping with me

Don
KG5RVW

Angelo K3YUN

Doug, I built my antenna  using the following link:
https://vk1nam.wordpress.com/2015/08/16/sota-6m-coaxial-dipole-antenna/
Parts List

30 feet of RG58/CU coax cable
1- 2 inch diameter pill bottle ( photo enclosed) a 2 inch diameter pvc coupler could be subbed
1- PL259 connector, or connector of your choice.
2 wire ties
shrink wrap
1- 20 foot fishing pole https://www.walmart.com/ip/South-Bend-Kwik-Stix-20-Telescopic-Fishing-Pole/20594147

The lengths that i used are as follows:
Measure 54 inches from the end of coax, cut and strip back the black outer covering.
Carefully cut back and remove the brad shield.
Measure from the point  where you removed  shield down the length of coax 49.5 inches, and place a mark on that point,
this is where the 13 turn winding will begin.

I placed a piece of shrink tubing at the point where shied was removed to keep water out.
After the antenna is compleated you can prun the top half of the antenna for best SWR measurements, a photo of my reading is shown.
I have had great success whith this simple half wave vertical antenna talking over a radius of 20 miles. Your milage may varry.

Here are some other link about this antenna:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8hQRjI3BPk

http://n4ser.org/2018/simple-6m-antenna-for-anyone/

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020, 12:39 PM Angelo Drammissi <adramis164@... wrote:

Angelo K3YUN

Swr reading from the antenna I made

On Tue, Dec 8, 2020, 8:54 AM Angelo K3YUN via groups.io <adramis164=gmail.com@groups.io wrote:

[...]

Duwain W8JJV

I am in Duwain

Paul KO4ACZ / Mo KO4ADA

Count us in. Thanks.

David NC4CC

Count me in too.

Dave NC4CC

[...]

Wilson WK3F

Please add my name to the project list.
Wilson
WK3E

On Mon, Dec 7, 2020 at 7:51 PM Doug KM4LKC via groups.io <sunburned_fl=yahoo.com@groups.io> wrote:
[...]

Bob KC9DRY

Add me to the list Bob Mayes  KC9DRY, Thanks

Sent: Monday, December 07, 2020 7:51 PM

[...]

Herb KM4HNB

You are in your self?

Bob KC1MAM

Please add Bob Bowes KC1MAM to the list.

Duwain W8JJV

ADD ME TO THE 6M ANTENNA LIST

Angelo K3YUN

The first of the 6 meter antenna kits are available for purchase.
I plan to distribute them at the next club meeting, or at the Elks on friday.
The following have requested them:
KC9DRY BOB
eWK3E Wilson
KD4FHZ Leonard
NC4CC Dave
W8JJV Duwain
KG5RVW Don
WA4CES Ed
KO4SPC Steve
KN4JEN Allen
WD8JEL Jim
KM4LKC Doug
K4PJG Peter
KC4MAM Bob
PLease let me know if there are any changes or additional requests.
Thank You
Angelo K3YUN

John NA9J

I must not have done it right. I’ll take one when it is available.

Thanks and 73

John Kotlarik NA9J

920-562-0835

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

The first of the 6 meter antenna kits are available for purchase.

I plan to distribute them at the next club meeting, or at the Elks on friday.

The following have requested them:

KC9DRY BOB

eWK3E Wilson

KD4FHZ Leonard

NC4CC Dave

W8JJV Duwain

KG5RVW Don

WA4CES Ed

KO4SPC Steve

KN4JEN Allen

WD8JEL Jim

KM4LKC Doug

K4PJG Peter

KC4MAM Bob

PLease let me know if there are any changes or additional requests.

Thank You

Angelo K3YUN

Donald Kumpost

Angelo

It's been more than two days since you brought this up, and having slept since than as well, can you remind me how much we owe for the kits?

Thanks

Don