locked 6 meter Net on 50.200 USB - Thu, 06/04/2020 #cal-notice

main@CARS-FL.groups.io Calendar <noreply@...>

6 meter Net on 50.200 USB

When:
Thursday, 4 June 2020
7:00pm to 8:00pm
(GMT-04:00) America/New York

Where:
50.200 USB

Join us for the 6-meter net on 50.200 USB at 7:00 pm on the first and third Thursday each month.

Rod K4BGU

Hi guys,
Last week I bought a 6 meter ham stick from DX and tonight at 7pm, put it on a 48”square  piece of aluminum stock and stuck it in the flag holder on the front of my garage. Facing north. I tried it with no counter poise and with a 52” piece of 14g copper as a counter poise.
I put my Kenwood 590 on 50.200USB and listened. Vaguely heard A few words, two operators (one female like I heard a month ago).
I tried transmitting blind (probably stepping on people cause I couldn’t hear anyone) first at 10watts then 25 then last at 50w.
I could not hear any annoyed operator coming back so I have to believe my experiment was a total bust.
Antenna base was at about 10 feet in Burnt Store Marina.
Rod Brennan
K4BGU