locked Re: j-pole mount

Leonard N4LJT

Thanks Rob. I see that antenna is rated up to 135 mph. Something to be concerned about down here.

On Wed, Sep 16, 2020 at 3:37 PM, Rob K4BGU via groups.io
<rodbren1@...> wrote:
Hi Leonard, I put up a comet GP1 dual band vertical as you described.
Used the offsets to mount facia and clamped a 4ft length of heavy wall white pvc to the off set. Painted the whole thing white to match gutters etc including coax. Then used supplied hardware to mount the antenna to top of pvc mast. The GP1 is 3 1/2 feet in length. Top at about 15 -18ft. Works great. I USED RG8/U and an MFJ lightning arrestor in line to a copper ground post. I use a Yaesu dual band has output up to 50watts. I live in Burnt Store Marina.
Rod K4BGU

On Sep 16, 2020, at 2:25 PM, Leonard KO4FHZ via groups.io <lentru@...> wrote:

KO4FHZ , Leonard here. Asking for thoughts on types of j-pole antenna mounts that work for folks here in SW Florida. I am tossing around roof mount on my hip roof house, pole attached to side of house with offsets around gutters, or a small tower. Thinking I would like to have the antenna mounted so base would be at least 12' above ground. Is this sufficient?
TIA.

On Thu, Sep 3, 2020 at 2:05 PM, Doug KM4LKC via groups.io
<sunburned_fl@...> wrote:
Lots of new items on the latest edition of the Ham Trader's Listing.
Note, the ICOM 7700 has already sold.

https://mailchi.mp/38e57e8a8eed/ham-traders-newsletter-7854064
You can hit the subscribe button in the upper right corner of the listing to add your name to the list.

Having fun promoting amateur radio technology

Join main@CARS-FL.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.