sticky Get Ready! Summer Field Day is coming #operatingevents #arrl

Doug KM4LKC

Get Ready!  Summer Field Day is coming.

The Charlotte Amateur Radio Society is preparing for our Summer Field Day Event on June 26 - 27.  Every June, more than 35,000 hams throughout North America set up temporary transmitting stations in public places to demonstrate ham radio's science, skill, and service to our communities and our nation. It combines public service, emergency preparedness, community outreach, and technical skills all in a single event. Field Day has been an annual event since 1933 and remains the most popular event in ham radio.

Field Day is a 24-hour event.  We will begin our setup on Saturday morning at 9:00 am.  Lunch will take place at 12:00 noon and first contacts begin at 2:00 pm.  We will operate for 24 hours and take down the equipment at 2:00 pm on Sunday.

Much more information will follow as we firm up plans.

We will hold our event at the Charlotte Harbor Environmental Center located on Burnt Store Road.
Charlotte Harbor Environmental Center 10941 Burnt Store Rd, Punta Gorda, FL 33955

You can learn more about the event here:

FAQ's for ARRL Field Day are located here.

Rules for ARRL Field Day 2021 can be found here.

Having fun promoting amateur radio technology

Join main@CARS-FL.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.