locked Re: OCF dipole

Leonard N4LJT

Thanks Dave. Correct me if I am wrong, but my calculations show your antenna to be used down to 40 meters. I would like to operate on 80. I'm thinking it needs to be around 126.5'. Does this sound right?

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Monday, January 11, 2021, 9:28 AM, David NC4CC <david@...> wrote:

20’ is about as low as you can go. Better at 30’, even better at 40’. I have my dipole at 30’ at the feed point  and as a sloping inverted V antenna. The bend in mine is about 120 degrees. Center at 30’, one end at 25’, the other at 15’. Total antenna length is 104’.

Dave NC4CC

From: main@CARS-FL.groups.io [mailto:main@CARS-FL.groups.io] On Behalf Of Leonard KO4FHZ via groups.io
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2021 9:03 AM
To: main@CARS-FL.groups.io
Subject: [CARS-FL] OCF dipole

looking for feedback on putting up an OCF dipole for 80 to 6 meters. is 20' elevation sufficient? can it be mounted in an el shape, do not have room for it to be mounted in a straight line. any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Join main@CARS-FL.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.