locked Re: Club Project - Build Your Own 6 meter antenna #makeitradio

Leonard N4LJT

Count me in, KO4FHZ, Leonard.

Sent from Yahoo Mail for iPad

On Tuesday, December 8, 2020, 8:54 AM, Angelo K3YUN <adramis164@...> wrote:

Doug, I built my antenna  using the following link:
https://vk1nam.wordpress.com/2015/08/16/sota-6m-coaxial-dipole-antenna/
Parts List

30 feet of RG58/CU coax cable
1- 2 inch diameter pill bottle ( photo enclosed) a 2 inch diameter pvc coupler could be subbed
1- PL259 connector, or connector of your choice.
2 wire ties
shrink wrap
1- 20 foot fishing pole https://www.walmart.com/ip/South-Bend-Kwik-Stix-20-Telescopic-Fishing-Pole/20594147

The lengths that i used are as follows:
Measure 54 inches from the end of coax, cut and strip back the black outer covering.
Carefully cut back and remove the brad shield.
Measure from the point  where you removed  shield down the length of coax 49.5 inches, and place a mark on that point,
this is where the 13 turn winding will begin.

I placed a piece of shrink tubing at the point where shied was removed to keep water out.
After the antenna is compleated you can prun the top half of the antenna for best SWR measurements, a photo of my reading is shown.
I have had great success whith this simple half wave vertical antenna talking over a radius of 20 miles. Your milage may varry.

Here are some other link about this antenna:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8hQRjI3BPk

http://n4ser.org/2018/simple-6m-antenna-for-anyone/

On Sat, Dec 5, 2020, 12:39 PM Angelo Drammissi <adramis164@... wrote:

Join main@CARS-FL.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.