Charlotte Amateur Radio Society main@CARS-FL.groups.ioVisit our website at www.carsfl.org
Charlotte Amateur Radio Society, located in Charlotte County, Florida, is an ARRL affiliated amateur radio organization supporting ARES emergency auxiliary communications, radio and electronics experimentation, education and science. The Charlotte Amateur Radio Society (CARS) was organized in 1974 making CARS the oldest operating amateur radio club in Charlotte County. We are the southernmost county in the 10 county West Central Florida Section of the Florida ARRL.
Join us every morning at 8:30 am for the Sunshine Net. This very popular net receives check-ins from across southwest and west central Florida and is one of the oldest nets still operating in Florida. You can find us on the WX4E repeater system, which is located in Punta Gorda, Florida and is hosted by the Charlotte Amateur Radio Society. This linked pair of repeaters operate on 146.745 (-) and 444.975 (+), both with a PL tone of 136.50.
Our club members are proud to serve Charlotte County Florida and the surrounding communities by providing emergency communication services, education, training, and community service with amateur radio technology.
Club membership is open to all ham radio operators and to those who want to become ham radio operators. Please visit with us at one of our monthly club meetings held at the First United Methodist Church, Meeting Room 13, 507 West Marion Avenue, Punta Gorda, FL 33950 on the second Thursday of each month at 7:00 PM. We look forward to seeing you there and to meeting you on the air!
Google Map to the Meeting Location
See our Membership Application to join today!
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group and sender.
- Subscriptions to this group require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.
- Topics are automatically closed after 180 days.
Top Hashtags [See All]
- #cal-reminder 98 topics
- #operatingevents Notices regarding operating events like Field Day, Parks on the Air or other special operating events 29 topics
- #cal-notice 29 topics
- #makeitradio If you can build it or modify it, you're making it radio! 22 topics
- #clubmeetings Monthly club membership meetings, Board meetings and other member gatherings 13 topics
- #arrl All about the ARRL 11 topics
- #emcomm discussions for ARES and other emergency communication topics 10 topics
- #BuySellTrade A place to list your amateur radio items for sell, trade or buy 6 topics
- #digitaldata Modes like FT8, JS8Call, PSK31 and many others 5 topics
- #cal-invite 2 topics